You’re reading Why a Successful Night’s Sleep is Crucial to Being Successful, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’re enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
When adults are busy adult-ing, sleep often becomes a mythic creature of bedtimes past. A successful life is linked to a successful night’s sleep, but in this crazy, busy world—that seems like a nice dream only fit for four-year-olds. The truth is that, while you technically can get away with less sleep than a child, you still need the best quality of sleep to achieve your goals in daily life. Sleep and Success Go Hand in Hand When you think of the qualities that lead to success, you’re probably considering traits like ambition, hard work, determination and creativity, but the biggest key to business and life success is the quality of your sleep. You need a restful night’s sleep if you want to wake up refreshed to tackle your day, and that’s because:
- Good sleep affects long term and short term memory.
- Bad sleep shortens your fuse, making you prone to irritability and anger.
- Chronic bad sleep quality shortens your life span.
- When you’re sleep deficient, you’re basically drunk—only without your liver dealing with the aftermath of alcohol intake. Sleep deficiency leads to mental deficiency.
- Regulate Your Sleep
- Invest in Less Screen Time
- You May Need a New Mattress
- Establish a bedtime routine
You’ve read Why a Successful Night’s Sleep is Crucial to Being Successful, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’ve enjoyed this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.